Who are you? What do you enjoy?
- Investigate your interests by taking a self-assessment (Strong, iStartStrong, Focus 2, or YouScience)
- Contact your academic advisor to discuss majors and resources.
- Talk to your instructors about your areas of interest.
- Make an appointment with a Career Advisor in the Pomerantz Career Center through Hire-a-Hawk
- Do Informational Interviews
- Attend the Exploring Majors Fairs held throughout the year.
- Research majors, minors, and certificate programs.
- Explore the What Can I Do With A Major In…? resource.
- Explore the Occupational Outlook Handbook for career Information.
- Create a list of questions to ask your Academic Advisor & Career Advisor.
PLAN your next steps
- Learn how to set effective goals to help you explore academic options.
- Talk with your Academic Advisor and Career Advisor to discuss goals, how to plan, and to learn more about majors/careers.
- Use your time wisely during breaks from school. How can this time clarify or help you toward your professional goals?
CONNECT to opportunities
- Join a student group by visiting the Office of Student Life in 145 IMU.
- Volunteer with university and community organizations.
- Connect with graduates who share similar professional interests through ICE-Net.
- Job shadow a professional in a career that interests you.
- Learn how to find internships through the Pomerantz Career Center.